Why it could be YOUR best opportunity to buy a home…
If you are in the market to buy a home this year, you might have already experienced the agony of missing out of that dream home due to the busy Spring and Summer market conditions.
Multiple offers, limited inventory, and elevated list prices could have caused you to become frustrated and hopeless.
Did you know December, January, and February months might be your BEST time to buy? Here are some reasons why.
1. Less Competition from Other Home Buyers = Less Multiple Offers
2. Mortgage Rates Are Expected to Remain Low – For December 19, 2019 according to Bankrate.com the 30-year fixed mortgage rate is 3.77%. The average 15-year fixed mortgage rate is 3.22%
3. Winter Home Stress Test – As you know our climate in Perrysburg and Northwest Ohio has extreme temperature and precipitation changes from month to month. Winter can give you a good opportunity to evaluate the home under the worst conditions.
4. Faster Closing Period – In the summer and spring months, your mortgage lender might be too busy to close a home within 30 days. If you are looking to move soon, winter could be your best opportunity.
5. Moving could be quicker – Moving companies are not booked as much when compared to the spring and summer months.